I'm no expert....but I just started billing on the side for Infectious Disease Dr. for wound care.
If patient was seen inpatient you would not bill for supplies, just the hospital visit, and anything else like debridement etc. Location code 21
In the office you can bill for the supplies with some of the insurance companies. Location code 11
Facility outpatient would follow as the same as hospital.... location code 22
Here is an example what my provider codes 99213 wih a 25 modifier and 97597. Don't know if that answers your question or not. Good Luck. If your provider is a member of one the speciality organizations, you can call them for questions, and they will help you.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join