We on occasion bill them both on the same visit, but it only depends on if the established pt visit code is supported by what the provider documented in records.
Our provider will have 2 different medical record forms to use for the well child checks & the "sick" new/est pt visits.
If during the well visit there were other things going on, she'll separately note the cc, take the HPI & note the exam & MDM elements so that another E/M code can possibly be supported.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join