I do billing for a urologist and own my own billing company. He may not be getting paid enough if things are getting denied for whatever reason. Instead of assuming the solution is to bill for things that likely will not get paid, I would suggest looking at:
Patients have Medicare Advantage but office is billing Medicare in error
Patient statements not being sent,
Billing for gloves and syringes will only serve to infuriate him when he sees that he either will not get paid as it is incidental to the outpatient procedure or the reimbursement from commercial payers will likely not cover cost.
I also do medical consulting if you are interested.
Hunter Smith, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join