We need to know first the extent of lipoma. Is it deep or superficial.
Secondly whether each lipoma was excised through Separate incision.
21930-Excision, tumor, soft tissue of back or flank : this is to be used for back lipoma. If there are multiple lipomas and each one with separate incision then go with 21930 and subsequent lipomas with 59 modifier. 214.1 for subq and 214.8 for other.
27047/27048 is correct for hips.
If thighs are involved then 27327/27328 is the correct choice with 59 modifier if all are being excised with separate incision.
Biopsy Codes cannot be used here.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join