88142 is a lab/path code to be used by the lab you send your specimen to. Yes you can use 2 V codes, the V70.0 is first listed only and the V72.31 is first or secondary. But why are you using the 616.10 dx code? Is this documented as this is what the patient has or is it truely a well woman check. 88142 is not a code for a pelvic exam. Nor is it for your physician to prepare your slides this code is for the lab when they take your slides and then prepare and screen their slides for interpretation. If this is a well encounter you should be using a preventive E&M code.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join