The following are CPT rules and not Medicare specfic:
SI joint injections CPT code (27096 physician or G0259/G0260 Medicare ASC) require radiologic imaging in order to code
Paravertebral facet joint injection codes (64490 - 64495, new for 2010) also require radiologic imaging in order to code
Many pain management injections / procedures are performed under radiologic imaging but not due to Medicare requirement but decrease risk of intravascular or intrathecal injection and to document / verify needle placement in diagnostic injections.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join