Hi! Yes--Tripan blue does constitute using 66982 for complex cataract. According to Ophthalmology coding alert, 2008, ask the following in order to apply 66982:
Is the pupil miotic?
Is the patient very young and still in amblyogenic developmental stage?
Does the IOL need extra support, such as permanent intraocular sutures or capsular tension rings?
Does the surgeon use dye to help him visualize the anterior chamber? TRYPAN BLUE
Hope this is helpful to you.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join