If this was non pulsed RF of the occipital nerve you would be using 64640 and 64405 is a column two code with modifier not allowed. If you look at your Medicare LCD for billing RF of the spine in the Coding and billing guidelines. They will most likely have something that says injection of the nerve is considered inherent in the RF procedure and not separately reportable.
When you use the compare code 64640 to assit the carrier in pricing the 64999, you can not also bill a code that is bundled into your compare code.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join