I would not recommend "down" coding for payment. Down coding is just as inappropriate as up coding services. If the Swan Ganz was successfully placed then 93503 is the correct code. Is this a new LCD? Usually there's a comment period before a LCD becomes effective giving providers an opportunity to suggest additional diagnosis. Since it sounds like the LCD is already in effect I would review the medical record for supporting covered diagnosis and educate your providers of the specifics of the LCD.
Julie D, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join