Yes,Observation code- being observed for a suspected condition that is ruled out.
As per guide lines,usually observation codes are to be used as principal codes only.
I think you can very well code V89.01 suspected problem with amniotic cavity and/membrane not found.
But whether this can be used as primary code, I am not 100% sure, though the only exception to the above said rule from the guideline, is a code from the V30 the manual says. I have no experience. I am not sure I perceived it correctly. We need a help from
experts. iam tuned in to get feed back from others.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join