AAPC - Back to school
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many cases per day?

AAPC: Back to School
    As I stated before 250/day I found to be impossible in the beginning, and my teamates and I did and still do express our concerns about this. Although more focus is being placed on meeting Quality metrics now , I feel this should have been the bigger focus in the 1st place. Although for the most part as a team productivity is high and quality work is produced, and thats not to say that we are all perfect, because there are times when procedures are missed which was 1 of the concerns we expressed due to such high expectation on productivity.

I am an er coder and read your discussion, and I am interested in knowing if you get paid by the chart or by the hour? also how many charts in a day are you all required for facility coding? I have done both.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

1. CRNAs and OB cases
    By amandaeholt in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-31-2012, 01:34 PM
  2. Need help coding these 3 cases
    By LOVE2CODE in forum Cardiology
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-19-2011, 10:49 AM
  3. Abg # of cases coded per hour/day
    By SSShaw in forum Medical Coding General Discussion