I have a Dr. who performed a C-Section & BTL but as the diagnosis he used TIUP; Repeat C/S; & MPDPS. I told him the C-Section could be billed if he used Repeat C/S & MPDPS (because the pt had a prior C/S & she also wanted permanent sterilization), of course, he refuses to do so. Can anyone tell me where in our coding rules that TIUP (used as the 1st diagnosis) is not a billable diagnosis? I need to show him as a ruleTIUP is not Medically Necessary for a C-section.
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join