The correct way to report this is 64483-50. When it says "each additional level" in the descriptor for 64484, you would want to only want to use the add on code if a separate level was performed. There is a article from MLN Matters on the 50
You would also want to follow this concept with Facet Injections this was an issue in the past and was brought in this report.
single level use RT LT or 50
For each additional level use the add on code with the appropriate modifier
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join