This all took place the same day?
If so, then basically Dr B is filling in and acting as Dr A. The afternoon encounter is a continuation of Dr A's morning encounter. For coding I suggest rolling both encounters into one E&M code under Dr A
Its just the same if you went to the Ortho, he evals and says "go get xrays and bring the films back". You wouldn't expect an OV charge before the xray and another OV charge after the xray
How Dr B gets "credit" for his workload is a separate issue and probably the Practice Manager is going to have to look and see how that's to be handeled
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join