AAPC - Back to school

Thread: IOL implant

Default IOL implant

AAPC: Back to School
    Hi fellow coders
    My fellow biller and I are discussing if we can charge out for the IOL implant to a private insurance using the V2632. Our contract with this paticular insurance does allow for implants paying 15% plus invoice? I was under the impression that our charge for the 66984 included the implant.

Thank you

taken from codecorrect:

Q1003 is only used when reporting a new technology intraocular lens (NTIOLS) inserted in the ASC setting in order to receive the additional $50 for Category 3 NTIOLS.

Is it a new tech lens or Posterior chamber intraocular lens (v2632) ?

For Medicare it does include the lens, except NITOLS, PC and AC IOLS. I would double check your contract. A lot of contracts specifially exclude IOLS from the implants that are sperately reimbursed.

We bill our private insurances the V2632 and most of them will pay. Medicare definately won't pay, but I say it's worth a shot.

Similar Threads

1. IOL Reimbursement
    By kfrycpc in forum Ophthalmology/Optometry
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-27-2015, 10:03 AM
  2. how code a piggyback IOL implant?
    By hencked in forum Ophthalmology/Optometry
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-16-2014, 10:12 AM
  3. Re-do of IOL Master
    By cmiller3418 in forum Ophthalmology/Optometry
    Replies: 0