Yes I've also been getting denials on the 81002. We have billed various insurance companies and I have never been able to get this procedure paid. The encoder program we have says that this is not a bundled code and can be billed with an office visit, however, I've had no luck thus far. It does say Medicare considers this code a 'Statutory Exclusion.'
I know this doesn't help much but I just thought I'd let you know you're not alone.
Cheryl Miles, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join