I am helping a Ophthalmology practice who has been devasted by a Billing Service shutting down. This practice was using a billing service for all of their billing, as their clearinghouse, and their software. The billing service is shutting down, and did not give the practice any indication it was doing so. Currently, the practice is able to still utilize their software for record keeping purposes, but is anticipating that will end soon too. The BIG problem is that no EDI is being processed (due to the inactivity of the clearinghouse).
My first thought is to manually begin keying insurance claims via the web. However, their largest payer is Medicare and they must obtain a submitter ID number. To obtain a submitter ID # takes approximately 20 days. Does anyone have any suggestions on a more efficient method for getting this information to all of the payer's for immediate relief?? Also, any suggestions on a reputable software company, so that the physicians office can begin the process of disconnecting ALL ties to this shady billing service? This is absolutely devasting to this practice. Their cash flow has almost completely ceased. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join