First, did the physician remove the cerumen or was it a nurse or other ancillary person?
if not the physician then it cannot be billed it is inclusive to office encounter.
second, if done by provider, did he use a scoop or currette, or was it an irrigation?
if it was an irrigation then you cannot bill the 69210 it is inclusive.
third, do you have a separate procedure note documented?
if not then they are likely to state the entire office encounter was for the cerumen removal.
Just a few thoughts for you to look at.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join