I saw some information on functional anesthetic discography on the internet but you didn't mention that is what he was doing. This is just my personal opionion on your question I could not find article on exactly how it should be coded. If this was a stand alone intradiscal injection I have heard in webinars like you said to use 64999. But if the discography procedure was strictly diagnostic and he injected the medication due to the fact that he thought it would reduce the patient's pain generated from the procedure itself I would just report 62290. I would assume if you sent the notes with 62290 and 64999 they are going to say they are not going to make additional payment. Maybe another forum member has more experience with this.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join