if the procedure started as a arthroscopy and ended up as open you would code the diagnostic arthroscopy code for that joint along with the open procedure.
If the scope is used as an aid. I don't believe you can code for that. Not sure though.
For the third question it would depend on what the other site is. If for example you did a procedure on the knee and did lets say a chondroplasty in the Medial compartment and then did a diagnositic in the Lateral compartment of the same knee. You cannot charge a diagnositic for the Lateral compartment. If it was the opposite knee then yes you could or if you did a meniscal repair in the lateral compartment then you could code that.
Hope that helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join