Per the CMS laboratory manual (including all lab NCD's), "Tests for screening purposes that are performed i the absence of signs, symptoms, complaints or personal history of disease or injury are not covered except as explicitly authorized by statute. These include exams required by insurance companies, busines establishments, government agencies, or other third parties." If this was a routine, screening TB test, it is not covered by Medicare. What diagnosis did the patient have for this test?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join