Patients in 'Hospital Inpatient Status' in the hospital, officially, are to be seen by a consult at the floor only, be it initial or subsequent visit. OV is not accepted as long as the patient is in Hospital Inpatient Status". Once she/he is discharged from the hospital , can be seen for a consult as an OV.
This is my view. Could any one throw some more light on this please?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join