Drive Thru Flu Clinic!! HELP HELP Please

Unhappy Drive Thru Flu Clinic!! HELP HELP Please
    Medical Coding Books
    I am wondering if someone can give me a place to look up or research how the drive thru flu clinic is organized and how the billing is done....We are looking into doing at least 3 this year and I am wanting to be prepared for this event on the billing stand point, but how it is organized for the billing to get there information! Please help!

For Medicare patients a little difficult, you will either need to bill them individually, or Medicare has roster billing for these situations. Just do a search on your carrier's website for roster billing. As far as self pays or private insurances, we determine if we are going to bill insurance, which for flu clinics we don't, we set a straight fee, and collect at time of service, make sure all patient's are recorded with the lot # and where shot was given, usually on a running list, create an account for just Flu Clinic and post the money. I'm not 100% sure that is the most accurate or appropriate way, but that's how we have done it in the past.

Stefanie Cramer, CPC
    Independent Contractor
    Medical Coding and Consulting
    Cramer Consulting

Wink
    Okay thank you so much for your reply! This is the first time I have done this for the clinic so I was getting scared.....So you just let the people know to bring there Medicare or Medicaid card and you bill the vaccine injection (I know Medciare I have to file on Cost report) but bill the vaccine right?

The link below provides information on roster billing. Select the 1st link under downloads. This explains the process and requirements. We have done this for years and it is really quite simple and efficient.

https://www.cms.gov/AdultImmunizatio...rresources.asp