I've had a similar situation a year ago or so, NP saw a child and gave a diagnosis of "dirty clothing and hygiene" I looked forever to find a suitable diagnosis and asked the other coders if they had any input and unfortunately none of us could come up with anything close. I ended up using the 780.99-other general symptoms. Wish I could be more help, there is just nothing in ICD for cleanliness, unless you want to go the child neglect route, but when I asked my nurse practitioner if that is what she was trying to say she adamantly said no, if that was what she meant she would have wrote that! Oh the fun of coding!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join