I recently had this issue come up myself, I researched it and spoke with a outside consultant, it was determined that since you have 2 different places of service (21, 61) this would be ok.....you will need to split the claims.....1 claim for the acute care part (pos 21) and 1 claim for the inpatient rehab part (pos 61)....you will need to use the inpatient cpt codes since both of these pos is considered inpatient.
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join