I have owned my own Medical Billing/Auditing/Compliance Company for over 10 years. One of the main things I have learned is that you do not own your own software. Physicans need to have their software/hardware on their premises. I have seen so many unfortunate situations where physicians have no idea what is happening within their practices as all info is off site. (I've also had to clean up after many of these situations!) This also frees the billing company from the expense of purchasing software/hardware/licensing etc. I have 3 subcontractors working for me and we all remote in from our home offices. I'm very careful with confidentiality and adhere to all Medicare guidelines. I have a yearly Business Associates Agreement with everyone, contracts, as well as HIPAA confidentiality signed by all. I charge percentages on what we bill and everyone is happy. I secure clients mainly by referrals starting out working with our local residency program. You have to prove to your prospective clients that you can not only bill but follow-up, follow carrier guidelines, and keep them updated on all the changes coming from all sides. The motto is: Bill it correctly the first time! I hold education sessions with all of my practices and am very available to them, physicians and staff both. I also am very selective in the providers I work with. I hope this has helped. Good luck. You are the only one who can sell yourself!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join