Use Chapter 1 of the NCCI edits to provide an overview of what's considered in the global surgical package. Chapter 3 discusses the integumentary surgeries...and has a section on appropriate use of E&M during the global days.
Use the physician service fee schedule to run a report of your commonly billed procedures, to determine the global days. I drop these into an excel spreadsheet,and hand them out to the providers, so nobody is surprised when I mention "unbundling".
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join