I work for an Anesthesia group that also has pain management clinics. My question is, what CPT code is appropriate for a Pars Injection? We have used 22899 (Unlisted procedure, spine) and 64999 (Unlisted procedure, nervous system).
We seldom see our doctors sending a card over for this procedure, so when they do we are all asking each other over and over again, what do you think?
We have decided to ask what our AAPC friends what code they think is appropriate. Medicare of course denies the "Unlisted" codes.
It looks like back on 10/21/2009 this question was raised on the discussion board. We found where 2 responses where 64490 - 64495, Facet Injections. Are these still the codes that we should be using?
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join