Lysis of adhesions is included in the primary vascular procedure code. There have been cases where the adhesions are SO extensive and time-consuming that I have billed for this additionally, however "a small amount of adhesions" is to be expected in the encounter and isn't billable seperately.
Vascular coding is a very gray world... I've been doing it over 3 years and still don't have all the answers! The experts don't always have all the answers either. If you will be doing more endovascular procedures, I highly recommend Medical Asset Management, Inc. and ZHealth. Best wishes and good luck!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join