33210 is a temporary pacemaker. If you bill a 33208(permanent atrial and venticular pacemaker) within 72 hours of the temporary, you will lose the temporary. The payor will recoup or ask for a refund for the 33210 if they have paid it. 33215 is repositioning of previously implanted pacemaker or ICD, not replacing it. Hope this helps.
Dawn, CPC, CCC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join