Having a condition and being compliant with treatment are 2 different things. If your Doc documented the ADHD then code the 314.01 as secondary.
There is also a code, V15.81, Personal history of noncompliance with medical treatment presenting hazards to health
But you can't code the V15.81 unless the Doc has documented the non-compliance. There could be a 101 reasons the meds and Neurology visits were stopped
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join