I think these are the codes that you are looking for are:
65780 (Ocular surface reconstruction; amniotic membrane transplantation)
and only if you purchased/supplied the graft V2790 (amniotic membrane for surgical reconstruction)
but check your medicare LCD to see if you have any exclusions.
For the Trabeculectomy, did the physician use an antifibrotic agent such as Mitomycin C to prevent further scarring??
If no then you will use 66170 and if yes 66172; again if you purchased/supplied the Mitomycin bill for it using a code from the range J9280-J9291 depending on the dosage.
Oh, also bill either trab you select 1st and the graft 2nd due to rvu levels.
Hope this helps.
John Uecke CPC, CPMA, CHA, COBS, CMOM, OCS
NOVA Medical Billing, Inc.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join