Class findings are not needed for mycotic nails and pain.
I do not believe anticoagulants are covered under the LCD/NCD for medicare. If you feel its medically necessary you can bill it and when it denies file a redermination with notes as to why you feel its medically necessary but I have tried this in certain instances in the past and rarely win my case in regards to routine foot care as their guidelines are pretty clear.
The LCD for your state will be extremely helpful in deciding when you need the physician and date last seen. If there is an asterisk next to the dx you will need the physician. If there are 2 asterisks you will need the physician and date last seen every time the services are billed.
As far as commercial insurance goes each have their own guidelines. Websites are usually a good place to start or a phone call to verify if its covered under the patient's plan.
hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join