Coding help

Exclamation Coding help
    Medical Coding Books
    Does anyone know of a source where I can learn about coding for Plastic Surgery? Our group has taken on a Plastic Surgeon and I have many questions about correct coding. The doctor wants to bill for everything and I want to make sure I am not unbundling things that shouldn't be.

Thanks to all,
    Jodi Dibble, CPC

Default Resources
    The American Academy of Plastic Surgeons offers an annual coding seminar that is VERY helpful. The physician must be a member of the association and approve (in writing) the attendance of the coder. My doctor did this for me a few years ago. Great seminar.

The Coding Companion for Plastics/OMS/Dermatology (published by Ingenix) is also very helpful.

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC

Thanks Tessa. I am looking into that seminar. My doctor is not a member yet - she is in the processing of joining, but it looks like the seminar isn't until August - just missed it! I have a request in for the book too and am waiting for that to arrive.
    Jodi Dibble, CPC

Default I went in December
    When I attended it was in December in Chicago. Major snowstorm hit and we had to extend our stay for a day.

Wow - maybe that is why they had it in August this year!! I didn't see anything on their site for one in the winter - I will check again to make sure I am not missing one that would be sooner than next year! Thanks again Tessa.
    Jodi Dibble, CPC