an "annual" physical is an "annual" physical and is coded dependent on the age of the pt., etc. If a provider codes it as an office visit, it's fraud. Some providers, in the past, have done that so the pt. has no charges. I don't see any reason to give a Medicare pt. an annual physical. Typically, they have so many problems that they're being seen on a regular basis anyway. An "annual" visit is a waste of time and money.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join