You cannot bill for the whole global service when your dr is just reading. If a slide is sent out and prepped elsewhere, and all your dr is doing is reading when it comes in, you would use -26 modifier. The rest of the 1500 can be left as it would normally be billed.
(TC) - append when all that is done is prep for a slide
(26) - append when slide is prepped elsewhere and dr just reads results
(global, no mods) - ONLY when your office does both prep and read (i.e. in-house pathology)
Each of these will have a different price (and paid different-see Medicare fee schedule), generally the global is the highest, followed by -TC codes, then lowest would be -26 codes.
Hope this helps!
Mallory E, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join