There has been confusion over this senario. Not a clear cut answer but here are a couple of options.
A patient was prepped for an EP study and a 12-lead study showed (whatever) the decision was made to give IV isoprel. There are two coding options: Report the infusion, or use code 93620 with a discontinued modifier (53/73).
These are the only two ways i know to report this case. I would be interested to know how other coders would report this.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join