According to the article "Don't Fall into the V code Rut" in the May 2009 issue of Coding Edge, the codes for the acute fracture (800-829) may be used while the fracture is acute and prior to treatment. After fracture treatment is rendered, do not code the fracture as acute. Instead, a code from category V54.1x Aftercare for healing traumatic fracture will describe any encounter or service as healing traumatic fracture aftercare.
Hope this sheds some light for you!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join