Procedure time can not be counted as part of E&M or prolonged time.
But are you saying the Physician spent 2 hours total with this patient? She took 25 minutes to provide the 99214 service then counseled the patient for another 60 minutes before doing a procedure that took 30 minutes? Is that right?
That's a lot of time. Does she have "sufficient documentation" to support that extra 60 minutes. Did she document procedure time?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join