Are you asking about Carotids? If so, the stent code depends on if embolic protection was also placed or not. So, for your question, there is not a separate code specifically for only the embolic protection
38215 Transcatheter placement of intravascular stent(s), cervical carotid artery, percutaneous; with distal embolic protection
37216 Transcatheter placement of intravascular stent(s), cervical carotid artery, percutaneous; without distal embolic protection
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join