CPC Seeking entry level job in Baltimore, MD

Default CPC Seeking entry level job in Baltimore, MD
    Exam Training Packages
    Seeking full time day work in an entry level CPC position in Baltimore, Md. I have 2 1/2 years experience in diagnosis coding and some inpatient/outpatient surgery coding. If anyone knows ANYONE who is willing to take a chance on hiring someone who doesn't have 5 years experience but does have her CPC Certification and is willing to put in 150% effort to do the job right the first time and wait... there's more... who is VERY detail oriented and dependable and oh yeah... has a sense of humor to boot! If such a person/company exists I await your response! Thanks!

[QUOTE=mindyanna;12749]Seeking full time day work in an entry level CPC position in Baltimore, Md. I have 2 1/2 years experience in diagnosis coding and some inpatient/outpatient surgery coding. If anyone knows ANYONE who is willing to take a chance on hiring someone who doesn't have 5 years experience but does have her CPC Certification and is willing to put in 150% effort to do the job right the first time and wait... there's more... who is VERY detail oriented and dependable and oh yeah... has a sense of humor to boot! If such a person/company exists I await your response! Thanks![/QUOTE

Have you checked with lifebridges in B'more I know you said you don't have 5 years of experience but if I recall correctly they aren't asking for 5 years. I was browsing their website over the weekend and they did have 2 diagnostic coding positions open, it's worth a shot.

Good luck
    Roxanne Thames CPC, CPC-I, CEMC
    rthamescpci@gmail.com

"Remember the greatest gift is not found in the store but in the heart of true friends"

Default have you tried these?
    I'm not sure if you have applied for these already, but the following are in Baltimore and require less than 3 years of experience. Good Luck!

http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/jobseeker/j...id=JNWG62SXKYY

http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeek...263387255-WS-2

http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeek...H69243WY80QT1R

Default Thanks
    Thanks to both of you who responded and I will look into those positions. I am in dire need of E/M coding help. Do you know of anyone who would be willing to help me in the Baltimore area? I am the type to learn by "doing" and not just by reading the matrix. If I do it a few times I can get it. It's just finding someone who is willing to help is the problem. I did it just fine in school but school was several years ago and I never was able to find a coding job so the old adage is true, if you don't use it, you lose it. I am fortunate enough to be able to do some coding in my present position but in order for me to move up I believe I need to master the E/M portion to pass the tests given for employment. That is my problem, I'm failing the tests employers give. I believe it's because I'm not sure of myself when it comes to the E/M portion of the tests. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Something hopefully that won't cost me an arm and a leg.

Smile Northern VA Position
    I notice that your last posting was in May 2008. Have you found a position yet? I am asking because I work for a medical billing service in Northern Virginia (Dunfries, VA) and we have a position that is opening up. This is for a Cardiology practice and it would include follow up, posting charges, posting payments (everything). If you are interested please send a resume to 703-221-2277 with salary requirements.

Melissa Woods, CPC