Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

ICD-10 Exam

Default Re: Icd-10-cm exam
    Exam Training Packages
    Which edition or draft of the ICD-10-CM will be required for the exam? I have 2010 Draft (the complete official draft code set, WHICH I am using right now for practice), however, I know between now and Oct. 2013 there will be more changes and now i am wondering which will be required in 2012 for sitting for the exam? I mean to say I will be taken the exam in 2012 so should I purchase a 2012 ICD-10-CM?

Hope I have not confused you,

Eleanora Reeves CPC-A

Default Books to use
    The Step by Step books by Buck has several chapters on ICD-10. If you can work through those I would assume you would do just fine on the exam. ICD-10 does not appear to be very different, just more specific. Things I am teaching my students are parts of the bones not just the names of the bones. Example:
    Epiphysis is the growth plate
    Diaphysis is the shaft
    metaphysis is the flared part of the the bone
    periosteum is the surface of the bone
    Alicia Scott, CPC, CPC-I, CRC
    Educational Director, CCO.us,
    Have a Passion for Coding

3. Cool Donna Circe CPC
    Hello,

Are we going to be able to take the test in October 2012 based on the Draft Version of the ICD 10 as the final version will not be available until Mid 2013?

I teach coding and anatomy, I received a draft version of ICD-10 to practice with, in anticipation of the addition to our curriculum. I definitely need to learn more anatomy. The one that comes to mind was coding for a fracture to the condyle of the ulna. I had to google it to figure out what that was, definitely more knowledge needed than before!

For what it is worth, I would recommend doing a refresher on A & P. From what I understand there is a lot more detail required to code the ICD-10 codes and if it has been awhile since taking a course on A&P a refresher would be wise.

Personally I have done the course AAPC has put out and found it extremly helpful becuse it has been over 30 years since I took an A&P course.
    EVELYN KIM , MBA, CPC, CPMA,CRC

Default Great tool
    We just adopted a new book at the college where I teach coding and with my on-line students at CodingCertification.Org that gives you A&P for coders. It has ICD-10-CM codes. Elsevier puts it out.
    Here are the links to the book description on amazon.

Medical Terminology and Anatomy for ICD-10 Coding $52.75
    ISBN-13: 978-1455707744

You know many employers are offering to pay for a course or book so that the coders are ready for ICD-10. It doesn't hurt to ask.
    Alicia Scott, CPC, CPC-I, CRC
    Educational Director, CCO.us,
    Have a Passion for Coding

7. Unhappy Icd-10 a&p
    I am in the process of taking the online A&P course through the AAPC. It is extensive and from what I am finding, I would strongly suggest brushing up.

I'm told 3 hours

9. Smile icd-10 exam
    I think it's 75 questions and you have 3.5 hrs, but this might change

10. Default
    I can confirm that it is 75 questions with 3.5 hours to take it, because I just passed it!! Big load off my mind

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast