AAPC - Back to school
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ICD-10 Exam

Columbia, MO

AAPC: Back to School
    Quote Originally Posted by erjones147 View Post
    I can confirm that it is 75 questions with 3.5 hours to take it, because I just passed it!! Big load off my mind
    How were you able to take the test that is stated as not being offered uyntil Oct 1? I have tried to pre register for it and it is not available yet.

Debra A. Mitchell, MSPH, CPC-H

People who attended a 2-day boot camp got early access

Default ICD10 test

Did you take it immediately, as part of the Boot Camp? or did you take it after?

How hard was it? I'm doing a boot camp in a few weeks, but heard that it is available to take now...as of 10.03.13! I've taken a class, and I know I have a year to take it, but I'm really freaking out over this.

Is there a practice test available?

I was SO hoping I would be retired before this became effective...but thanks to factors beyond my control, I need to continue working....and I'm NOT certified through AHIMA...so passing the re-cert test is a must for me.

I took it after; AAPC sent me an access code via email

Do not stress over the test. It is 75 questions in 3.5 hours. The test only has dx codes on it, and it pretty much goes in chapter order. it is not proctored; you can take the test at 2 am on your home computer in your pajamas

As a point of reference, I finished the test in 90 minutes at 95%, and only using the guidelines twice and the internet once.

Everybody is getting waaaaay too stressed over a test that only measures your reading and rule-out abilities. This ain't the CPC we're talking about, and you most certainly do not need a separate A & P course

I think its 3.5 hours to take the test.

Where did you go to take the test? I have looked all over AAPC's website and can't find it.

Talking ICD-10 proficiency test

They are allowing 3.5 hours to complete the 75 questions. One of the coders here has taken it and passed. She said to study for it using the practice proficiency test and you should have not problems at all. Good luck to all.

So would you recommend taking the AAPC boot camp over others? It sounds like it was very helpful and I need all the help I can get!

Quote Originally Posted by sara lamb View Post
    The exam is timed, but how much time do you get? Does anyone know? I've searched thru the forum but didn't see anything about how long the exam will be...
    5 hrs 40 min

Quote Originally Posted by mfeltz View Post
    Where did you go to take the test? I have looked all over AAPC's website and can't find it.
    click on certification, locate an exam, type in your state

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast