AAPC - Back to school
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ICD-10 Exam

AAPC: Back to School
    Quote Originally Posted by maddismom View Post
    So would you recommend taking the AAPC boot camp over others? It sounds like it was very helpful and I need all the help I can get!
    I probably would, as they are the ones administering the exam. I would also highly recommend purchasing their practice assessment to get a feel for the questions.

Thanks for the info!

Default ICD 10 Test

So, the test only has you coding out DX codes? Is it multiple choice? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by erjones147 View Post
    I took it after; AAPC sent me an access code via email

Do not stress over the test. It is 75 questions in 3.5 hours. The test only has dx codes on it, and it pretty much goes in chapter order. it is not proctored; you can take the test at 2 am on your home computer in your pajamas

As a point of reference, I finished the test in 90 minutes at 95%, and only using the guidelines twice and the internet once.

Everybody is getting waaaaay too stressed over a test that only measures your reading and rule-out abilities. This ain't the CPC we're talking about, and you most certainly do not need a separate A & P course

Default Is December 2015 the final?

I was reading the assessment for the AAPC and it states it must be taken by 12/2015 and in () it says 1 year after ICD-10 has been implemented. ICD-10 has not been implanted yet......so is 12/2015 the cut off to keep our CPC?

how to apply for icd10cm examination?

Cool Where do I find the diploma

Hi, I took the test yesterday and passed but I can't find the certificate that states that I passed on either the website where I took the test (blackboard) and on AAPC.com if anyone knows where I can find please let me know.

Also on the people that can't find it. You have to go to the assessment part and chose between timed test or the classes one. Once you have paid that there will be an email that will give you your link and username with password so you can access there.

I was overwhelmed at first for ICD-10 but honestly its easy just remember to read the guidelines. Do some practice exam stuff or go to a boot camp or take a class ( I did advancedcodingservices.com) and I got the codes down quick. Don't get stressed out its more of the providers needing to better their documentation than it is for us to learn it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234