Help on Shoulder Arthroscopy

1. Default Help on Shoulder Arthroscopy
    Exam Training Packages
    Can anyone please help and lead me the righ direction?

I have read several article that say what work is done in the shoulder can be coded and billed, but as I read the NCCI edits it states that most shoulder procedures can only be billed together if a modifier is appended. I have a physician that performed the following shoulder surgery:

Synovectomy with Debridment of Bicep tendon
    Subacromional Decompression for acromial spur and distal clavicular spur
    Open Bursectomy for inflamed bursa
    I have coded this as 29820,29826-59,23929-59
    I am not sure if the synovectomy and debridment can be coded with 2 different codes or when to use one or the other.

I have another surgery scenario where the physician did:
    Synovectomy of glenohumeral joint with debridment of frayed labrum
    Subacromional decompression to remove distal clavicle spur and acromion spur
    Open bursectomy for inflamed bursa
    Open side to side rotator cuff repair due to full thickness longitudinal tear on anterior edge of suprispinatus
    I have coded this as 23412,29826-59,29820-59,23929-59

One last question when a Slap Repair is done can it be coded with Synovectomy or any other shoulder arthroscopy codes listed above?

2. Default
    Quote Originally Posted by amartinez1 View Post
    Can anyone please help and lead me the righ direction?

I have read several article that say what work is done in the shoulder can be coded and billed, but as I read the NCCI edits it states that most shoulder procedures can only be billed together if a modifier is appended. I have a physician that performed the following shoulder surgery:

Synovectomy with Debridment of Bicep tendon
    Subacromional Decompression for acromial spur and distal clavicular spur
    Open Bursectomy for inflamed bursa
    I have coded this as 29820,29826-59,23929-59
    I am not sure if the synovectomy and debridment can be coded with 2 different codes or when to use one or the other.

I have another surgery scenario where the physician did:
    Synovectomy of glenohumeral joint with debridment of frayed labrum
    Subacromional decompression to remove distal clavicle spur and acromion spur
    Open bursectomy for inflamed bursa
    Open side to side rotator cuff repair due to full thickness longitudinal tear on anterior edge of suprispinatus
    I have coded this as 23412,29826-59,29820-59,23929-59

One last question when a SOpen side to side rotator cuff repair due to full thickness longitudinal tear on anterior edge of suprispinatus
    lap Repair is done can it be coded with Synovectomy or any other shoulder arthroscopy codes listed above?

Synovectomy with Debridment of Bicep tendon-29822-59 only. Synovectomy is inclusive.
    Subacromional Decompression for acromial spur and distal clavicular spur-29826
    Open Bursectomy for inflamed bursa-23929 No modifier. I don't put modifiers on unlisted codes.

Synovectomy of glenohumeral joint with debridment of frayed labrum- 29823, this is for extensive debridement (for glenohumeral and labrum) which includes synovectomy.
    Open bursectomy for inflamed bursa-23929
    Open side to side rotator cuff repair due to full thickness longitudinal tear on anterior edge of suprispinatus-23412

Slap repair- 29807 can be billed with other shoulder procedures but not synovectomy.