I had attended a seminar with Margie Vaught, she obtained an official opinion from the AMA regarding PRP injections.
It stated "there is no specific CPT code to described platelet rich plasma injection from the patient's blood, having been drawn and centrifuged, and injected into the anatomic site involved"
They recommend using unlisted pathology code 89999 unlisted transfusion medicine procedure and that is the only code that should be used.
I do not know of anyone who has gotten paid for this. I never have. I do know some docs who are doing it on a cash basis.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join