94060 includes the bronchodilation procedure (not the drug -ie albuteral which is separately reportable). So if the patient has the pre- and post- spiro with neb, code 94060 and the drug. Here is the plain english definition:
Plain English Descriptionâ„¢:
Spirometry with bronchodilation responsiveness is a pulmonary function test that is used to help diagnose the cause of shortness of breath and to monitor existing pulmonary disease, such as chronic bronchitis, emphysema, pulmonary fibrosis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and asthma. The test is first performed without administration of a bronchodilator. A spirometry device consisting of a mouthpiece and tubing connected to a machine that records and displays results is used to perform the test. The patient inhales deeply and then exhales through the mouthpiece. Inhalation and exhalation measurements are first taken with the patient breathing normally. The patient is then instructed to perform rapid, forceful inhalation and exhalation. The spirometer records the volume of air inhaled, exhaled, and the length of time each breath takes. A bronchodilator medication is administered and the test is repeated. The test results are displayed on a graph that the physician reviews and interprets in a written report.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join