They are established if they have been seen by the same physician OR another physician of the same specialty and same practice. Since they were HIS patients before he came to your practice, they are established patients if he's seen them within the last 3 years.
NOTE - even if patient Jones, who has seen Dr New previously shows up when Dr New is out of the office and is then seen by one of the other physicians in the same specialty at this practice, that patient will be ESTABLISHED.
Hope that helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join