Your original encounter was billed correctly. After the patient came back 7 days later, it is not clear what the Physician did for the patient other than a visit. CPT code 68761 has a post op period of 10 days. You would not bill for a complication from the code in this period. If the patient came back for something unrelated to the code in the post op period such as a laceration you would use an established patient CPT code such as 92012-24 with the 24 modifier. Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join