AAPC - Back to school

Thread: E&M preterm preg at Hospital

Default E&M preterm preg at Hospital

AAPC: Back to School
    This is the full note-scrubbed. It is very lacking in documentation, suggestions on E&M would be appreciated.

gravida III, para II, came in by ambulance due to preterm labor at 34 weeks. Suppose to go to (better equiped) hospital for delivery due to baby congenital heart problems, diverted here. 4 cm dilated, 80% effaced with presenting part high, fetal heart reactive. no regular contractions. Patient stabilized with mag sulfate of terbutaline and stadol. Patient to be transferecd for delivery to larger hospital, patient advised of possible delivery in transport.

Diag: preterm at 34 wks, baby with congenital heart
    Plan: transfer within 15 minutes

Is this your patient? I think if it is I would just include it under the global care, unless they have gone over the included number of visits.

If that is the case or this is not your patient, what setting did you see this patient in? Was it the ED? If so I would suggest a 99281.

Just my take on it,

Laura, CPC, CPMA, CEMC

Similar Threads

1. Preterm delivery at 23 weeks
    By Shepherdgirl in forum Diagnosis Coding
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-19-2015, 09:06 PM
  2. Preterm Infant
    By mlourdes in forum Diagnosis Coding
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-10-2014, 08:28 AM
  3. Preterm delivery with extended hospital stay